Zenphi workspace is the top physical boundary of a group of zenphi resources like flows, tables, dashboards, etc. When you sign up or purchase a zenphi license, you purchase it for a specific zenphi workspace.
A workspace is created within a zenphi zone. A zenphi zone is a data sovereignty boundary. All data processing and storage is contained within the zone and never leaves it. Currently zenphi has 3 zones, US East, Australia and Europe West. When you sign-up for a zenphi workspace, you need to choose a zone. This cannot be changed after the workspace is created.
Depending on the scenarios, companies normally create one workspace per department (ex. HR, Finance, etc.).
Some companies also create multiple workspace per department. For example, in the finance department, you may create a workspace for the accounts payable team, another one for the accounting team, etc.
Smaller companies sometimes use one workspace for all departments in their company.
You need to be aware of a few facts about workspaces:
- Only users invited to a workspace by the workspace admin, can access the workspace
- A user can be a part of many workspaces
- Each workspace of your company can reside in a different zenphi zones
- Workspaces do not share data. Their data is isolated and encrypted with a separate encryption key
- Zenphi resources like flows, tables, etc., cannot be shared across workspaces
- A workspace member can have be an admin, a designer or both
- Workspace admins can only invite/manage users
- Workspace designers can create and manage flows, tables, and apps
- Workspace designers can access all flows in the workspace
- Connections and vaults marked as shared are available to all workspace designers. The ones marked as private is only available to the owner of the connection or vault item.
Updated 3 months ago