Generate Slides ¶
This action will let you generate a presentation or a pdf file from a template Google Slides.
- Name - By default, it is prefilled by the name of the action. You can change it based on your preferred action name.
- Connection - Your selected Google Drive connection. Note that you have to select the connection where you have access to view, edit, create, or delete files.
- Destination Folder - The folder where the generated slides will be saved.
- New Document Filename - The file name to be given to the generated slides.
- Generate PDF - If enabled, another PDF file will be generated based from the template file.
Demonstration on how to use it in a flow ¶
- Drag and drop the Generate Slides action into the flow.
- Click the gear icon to open its settings.
Click the Connection dropdown list and select a particular Google Drive connection
Or you can set up a new Google Drive connection by clicking the “Add Connection” icon.
Select a Google Slides template where the slides to be generated will be based from. To do it, click the "Google Drive" icon on the field under the Connection field.
- Navigate to the file then select it.
- Click the “Select” button.
- Select the destination folder of the slides to be generated. To do it, click the "Google Drive" icon on the Destination Folder field.
- Navigate to the folder then select it.
- Click the "Select" button.
- Enter your desired file name of the generated slides.
Upon executing this flow, a new Google Slides file with a filename Onboarding for Sasha Doe will be generated and saved to Sasha Doe folder. This generated Google Slides file is the same with the Staff On Boarding Google Slides file that was selected as the template file except the filename.