Read Column Values ¶
Using the Read Column Values action in a flow will let you read the values of a column in the selected range of a sheet from the connected Google Drive.
- Name - By default, it is prefilled by the name of the action. You can change it based on your preferred action name.
- Connection - Your selected Google Drive connection. Note that you have to select the connection where you have access to read the Google Sheet file you will select later.
- File - The Google Sheet that you want to read the column values.
- Sheet Name - The name of the sheet where the column values you want to be read is under.
- Unformatted Values - If enabled, it will indicate that the values should be represented as unformatted.
- Range - If enabled, return all rows in the sheet.
- Start Row - The row number to start from reading.
- End Row - The row number where reading will be read.
- Has Header - If enabled, will treat the first row as the Sheet's header.
- Column - The selected column where its values will be read.
Demonstration on how to use it in a flow ¶
- Drag and drop the Read Column Values action into the flow.
- Click the gear icon to open its settings.
Click the Connection dropdown list and select a particular Google Drive connection
Or you can set up a new Google Drive connection by clicking the “Add Connection” icon.
Select the Google Sheet file. To do it, click the “Google Drive” icon under the File field.
- Navigate to the location of the folder and select the file.
- Then, click the “Select” button.
- Select the sheet name where the column and its values you want to read are under. To do it, click the Select Sheet icon and choose from the available options on the dropdown list. Then, click "Done".
Note: If the value on the row/s doesn't have any format, it is best for you to enable the Unformatted Values option.
Note: If all the rows on the sheet have to be read and returned, it is best for you to enable the Range option.
Note: If the column/s on the sheet has column header, it is best for you to enable the Has Header option then click the "Load Columns" button to load the available column header on the sheet.
- Select the Column that you want to read the values.