Share Item ¶
This action will let you share your files and folders from a Google Drive to
- Name - By default, it is prefilled by the name of the action. You can change it based on your preferred action name.
- Connection - Your selected Google Drive connection. Note that you have to select the connection where you have access to view, edit, create, or delete files.
- File or Folder - The name of the file or folder that you want to share.
- Role - The role or access you want to set to the person you will be sharing your file or folder with.
- Type - The type of account of the person you will be sharing your file or folder with.
Demonstration on how to use it in a flow ¶
- Drag and drop the Share Item action into the flow.
- Click the gear icon to open its settings.
Click the Connection dropdown list and select a particular Google Drive connection
Or you can set up a new Google Drive connection by clicking the “Add Connection” icon.
Select the file or folder that you want to share. To do it, click the Google Drive icon oon File or Folder field.
- Navigate to the file or folder then select it.
- Click the "Select" button.
- Select the role or access you want to give the account you will be sharing the file or folder.
- Select the type of account of the person you will be sharing the file or folder.
- Enter the email address of the person you will be sharing your file or folder.
Upon executing this flow, the Google Docs Contract will be shared to the user with an email address email@example.com. This account will have a read only access to the Contract file.